Location: Calgary, AB
QMLP was awarded a complex, off-site in-situ remediation system installation project in a residential neighborhood involving the installation 33 wellhead assemblies (for SVE, airsparging and bioslurping) and connection of wellheads to an existing in-situ remediation system. Works were completed in and around residential properties and in the area of numerous underground and aboveground utilities.
The scope of the project included the following:
- Directional drilling under a six lane roadway with numerous utilities, installation of a 305mm dia. steel casing and two 1.8 metres deep manholes to provide access for remediation system piping;
- Directional drilling under sidewalk alignment to provide remediation system piping access to five extraction wells to avoid removal of mature trees;
- Excavation of ~430 liner metres of access trenching (in laneways and streets) and installation of five types of piping: 2 HDPE, 3 HDPE, 4 HDPE, kytec tubing and electrical tech cable, with all water-carrying pipe heat traced;
- Installation of seven manholes in the street and 26 roadworthy road boxes to provide access to collection wells;
- Placement of cell-crete (insulating concrete) in the trench to allow for year-round operation;
- Fabrication/installation of 33 wellhead assemblies for SVE, air-sparging and groundwater extraction;
- Pressure-testing of all connections and system commissioning;
- Site restoration included re-asphalting, concrete sidewalk and curb works, and landscaping.
Jump to next profile
Back to Remediation Page