Location: Kelowna, BC
QMLP was retained to complete a remediation program at a rail siding historic fertilizer production facility.
The scope of work included the following:
- Installation of an excavation dewatering system to lower the groundwater table prior to and during excavation works;
- Treatments of hydrocarbon and metal contaminated groundwater prior to discharge to City of Kelowna sanitary sewer system;
- Excavation of approximately 10,000T of soil contaminated with a mixture of hydrocarbons and heavy metals;
- Completion of slot cutting excavation techniques to maintain a vertical excavation slope adjacent to a bank of operating buried utilities (fibre optic telephone lines, primary power, cable TV and tow natural gas lines;
- Treatment and disposal of hydrocarbon and metal contaminated soil at Envirogreen Technologies Ltd.s thermal desorption facility in Princeton, BC;
- On-site stabilization, and transport and disposal of metal contaminated soil at a permitted landfill in Alberta; and
- Placement and compaction of 10,000T of imported backfill.
Jump to next project profile
Back to remediation page