Location: Uranium City, SK
QMLP remediation of a former port facility at a remote site on Lake Athabasca, SK under permits from Department of Fisheries and Oceans and SK Environment.
The scope of work included the following:
- Preparation of numerous project execution plans: Health and Safety; Sedimentation Control; Demolition; Hazardous Materials Management; Drill and Blast.
- Mobilization and demobilization of all required equipment and supplies by barge;
- Installation of 225 lineal metres of 4.5 metre deep floating silt curtain and floating hydrocarbon boom;
- Demolition of a 850m2 timber pile wharf;
- Demolition of a 900m2 timber crib wharf in-filled with 1100 tonnes of blast rock;
- Preparation/construction of an HDPE lined, 7500m2 contaminated soil holding area;
- Drill/blast, and load/transport of 7000m3 of impacted bedrock to the holding area;
- Excavation, transport and placement of 20,000 tonnes of hydrocarbon-impacted soil from the foreshore into the holding cell;
- Manufacture/place 3000 tonnes of aquatic habitat material to reconstruct the foreshore;
Jump to Next Profile
Back to Remediation Page